Wednesday 13 October 2010

Volcano sacks publicist

Once the darling of the media world and the focus of world attention, Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano (rapper name: "E15") erupted during April and May of 2010 and caused disruption to thousands of flights across the world. Since calming down, media attention has turned to other hot topics such as the General Election, the World Cup, the Chile mining disaster and Whitley Bay retaining the FA Vase. As a result E15 has somewhat disappeared from the public eye and has subsequently fired its publicist, Dax Bifford.

Eyjafjallajokull at the height of fame
"It was only meant to last for a week but I enjoyed the attention so much I just kept going. I loved the fame, I became a monster and wanted to go on forever. In the end, I was worn out so I had to pack it in", explained E15 from its home in Southern Iceland. E15 went on to explain, "Mr Bifford told me that 'today's news is tomorrow's whale & chips wrapper'. I felt a bit fobbed off but I realised he was right and I've decided to let him go."

E15's voice subsided, "I apologise for all the disruption I've caused and I now realise my 15 minutes of fame are up. I am happy I'll always be remembered but I know now that I need to allow my crater walls to go cold and leave the headlines free for more important things."

Resigned to a quieter life, E15 has since been recouperating; taking in a spot of fishing, bird watching and firing out large plumes of hot water vapour from time to time. Some slight seismic activity had been observed during early June but E15 just "had a bit of a cough" and posed no threat to the World Cup build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment